Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays #1

Ok, so its really kind of sad that in my profile description, I talk about how much a love to cook and bake to save my sanity (and when THAT doesn't work, THAT'S when I write), but YET- I haven't posted any of my favorite recipes.

I know- I'm in awe, too.

But, never fear, I'm changing that now. I'm combining my love for sanity, cooking, baking, and writing and I'm turning it into

I know- there are a million Blog Hops out there by that name (one of which is found on one of my FAVORITE sites to visit: Voiceboks), but this isn't a blog hop. I HAVE hops that I do- including my Thankful Thursday hop- but I wanted to write a post JUST about food.

Recipes I love.

Recipes I'm trying for the first time.

Recipes passed down from generation to generation.

You know- food. And who doesn't LOVE food?


 So, for my first 'Tasty Tuesday', I wanted to post one of my husband's favorite cookies I've made.

Its really nothing special- its actually one of the easiest things I've done.  It was out of shear desperation for a different kind of cookie that I decided to try this one.  But sometimes, the best things in life are the simplest things.

Occasionally I'll sell batches of cookies to my husband's co-workers- like when they don't want to bake during that hectic time of the year, they'll ask me to do it for them, and I happily oblige.

Why?

Because cooking and baking help to keep me sane.

Have you read nothing so far?

Anyways, one of them- or maybe it WAS my husband- had asked if I made any lemon cookies.  I hadn't, but I had lemon cake mix... and would you looky here?  There was a recipe for Lemon Crisps using the cake mix!  Awesome!

Now, given, I'm not the type to see a recipe and follow it verbatim.  I've even *gasp* tweaked a 100 year old recipe for Spanish Rice (I'll post that recipe later) because, well, I can.  But, for the most part, this recipe is the one I found.  I just wanted to share it.  If you try it and you like it, I'd love your feedback.  If you don't, well, that's not gonna happen unless you hate lemon... in which case, you won't try it anyways unless you're tryin' to spite me.
Lemon Crisps
1 pkg. lemon cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 2 tsp lemon zest

1/4 cup sugar

(frosting)
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp. lemon juice

Heat oven to 375*.
In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients; stir until thoroughly moistened.  shape dough into 1 in. balls.  
Dip the bottom of a cup in sugar to flatten the balls (I usually have a damp folded paper towel nearby to help the sugar stick to the glass a little better).
Bake for 5-7 minutes- until the edges are a light golden brown.
Cool 1 minute on the baking sheet and then move to a cooling rack.
Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice.  Drizzle over the cooled cookies.

Enjoy!  And, remember, if you have a recipe you'd like the rest of the blog-o-verse to  know about, email me and I'll post it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as my coffee, so leave me some love letting me know that you stopped by- I'll be sure to visit you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...