Friday, March 11, 2011

Zoology is the study of my home

Wanna know the difference between my house and a zoo? There really isn't one.

Sure, the animals are different, but in the end, if not for certain safety precautions taken, my little animals would eat us alive. Yeah, they LOOK cute and cuddly, but there's a reason why they have a sign out in front of the bear cage that says 'Do Not Feed The Bear'. Its not because they're trying to cut down on the costs of diet products for the poor guy- its because if you get up close, he's likely to rip your arm off!

Cute and cuddly looking, they may be- friendly? Well, that's to be questioned.

Today has been - how shall I say it?- difficult. Of course, if you were to look up 'difficult' in my specialized dictionary (that I'm planning on having published one of these days because it really is remarkable), you'd see some poor soul about to jump off a cliff rather than face the burning flames about to engulf him.

Have you ever heard the warning sound that they play on TV announcing,"This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system'? Now, have you ever wondered what it would be like to listen to that sound for an entire day??? I do! I can tell you! Its the sound of a screeching 4 year old when he starts to get annoyed at his 10 year old brother who is INTENTIONALLY annoying him!

All day.

Today.

Up until about an hour ago.

After that, they banned together- with Cameron's friend-, rode a skateboard 4 feet in their room, slammed it into the mirrored closet doors, and cracked one. Amazingly, when asked what happened, neither one could come up with stories that matched.

That's when I shut them up in barrels like Mark Twain spoke of and fed them through the knotholes.

No, I didn't do that- although, don't think the thought never crossed my mind. No, that's when they were confined to their beds. Come on now- I'm not a monster.

Yet.

Anyways, so to say that today has been "trying" is putting it lightly. Part of me is already questioning my sanity for having a third, but I'm sticking to that old saying (IS it an old saying?) that you can't lose what you've already lost. There's really nowhere to go but up from here, so there you go. Besides, we've made our beds- now all that's left is to hide under the blankets.

Besides, I'm banking on the hope that ONE of them will make it big in life and support me and Corey in the lifestyle we'd like to become accustomed to.

And then, when they're older and have little hyenas of their own, I can look at them adoringly and say,"Some animals eat their young."

Hey- I just want my boys to know they have options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as my coffee, so leave me some love letting me know that you stopped by- I'll be sure to visit you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...