Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday Shout-Out: Building A New Hive

I wanted to use my Saturday posts to highlight some great bloggers out there. This week's featured blogger is wonderful and I hope you love her as much as I do. If you'd like me to highlight you, just send me an email at asoto0703@gmail.com.
Saturday Shout-Out!



~Your name: Cristal Alvey

~Your blog's name w/ link: Building A New Hive http://buildinganewhive.blogspot.com/

~Type of blog it is:  Mommy Blogs/Life in General

~Tell us a little something about yourself: I am a lover of Jesus, chocolate, and everything pink! I am a wife of a Teacher and a mommy of a baby bee <3 I am 99.9% of the time excited about something and I may be considered LOUD by everyone … people who don’t know me … ha!

~If you had only 1 wish, what would it be and why? For all of my family (Gma Gpa Cousins Aunts and Uncles) to live in the same place again. Its been hard not having all of my family close, I miss when we used to spend Christmas together and other holidays , cook outs, Mom/Father Days.... ALL OF THE ABOVE! My parents live here and so does my sister but I think if you asked them the same thing they would answer the same way... :)

What is your favorite thing about where you live and why? There is a pizza place on every corner…. Why? Ummm… do I need to answer that! Ha!

~What's #1 on your 'Bucket List'? To take my daughter to Disney

~3 words to describe yourself would be...? Fun, Energetic, Anxious

~1 little known fact about you is...? At age 23 after 1 baby I had a BTL (tubes tied)

~1 vice of yours is...? it used to be drinking Dr Pepper, I know they kill ya but I loved them! (Getting better at that one now Ha!) 

~Why did you start blogging? To keep my long distance family in the loop

~What's your favorite thing about blogging? All of the people you “meet” and the people you help without knowing your helping

~What do you think makes for a successful blog? If your life is interesting to someone else and/or HONESTY .... I poured my heart out about some mom issues and had 4 people who I had NO IDEA read my blog, email me and ask questions and encourage me. I also wrote a post about how my marriage was falling apart, and how the Lord saved it (more than one post) and 15 people commented or emailed me a private message about how they are going through the same thing. TO ME.... That is a success. If people want a story they go to the library but people want REAL life... REAL fights with your hubby, REAL struggles, REAL happiness they want to know that this person they read about everyday if just as REAL as they are!

~3 words to describe your blog would be...? Honest, Fun, OverShare (at some times)

~What's 1 blog (besides yours) that you think everyone should check out? My good friend Savannah .. She is so creative and fun and has a ton of good ideas and things to talk about on her blog, she is the total package of blogging. http://kevinandsavannah.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty blog you have, love it.
    Welcome to VB.
    Bushra Syed:
    www.allaboutbabyzee.blogspot.com
    www.syedstore.blogspot.com
    Let's follow each other and stay connected forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Saturday feature! And thanks for turning me on to a new blog through it. I'm following her now too!

    Mandi
    Smile and Mama With Me

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as my coffee, so leave me some love letting me know that you stopped by- I'll be sure to visit you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...