Friday, May 13, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Ok, so I FINALLY have gotten around to posting this- and I hope my lack of posting it sooner doesn't come off as me not being excited about it, because I totally am.

THANK YOU, Tracey @dontmesswithmama.com, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!

This is my first ever award for my writing and I feel special to have gotten nominated by someone who writes so well herself!  When you get a chance, pop on over to her blog and check her out- you won't be disappointed.

As part of the award, I need to need to tell you all 7 things about me, and award 15 new bloggers and let them know they’ve received the award.  So, here it goes!

7 things 'bout 'lil 'ol me
1.  I'm a Christian and I try to write so that no one would ever look at my writing and question that.
2.  I LOVE writing.  Besides my husband, writing keeps me sane (to a degree.  Oh, come on- if you've read me before, you know I'm a nut, regardless of whether I get my thoughts out or not).
3.  I love coffee more than a normal person should.  I mean, truly LOVE coffee.  I think I might possibly marry Juan Valdez or the CEO of Folgers if given the chance JUST to have access to their coffee stash.
4.  I have the heart of a traveler with the pockets of a homebody.  The combo is frustrating- especially when I watch the FoodNetwork and see some of the places they go.
5.  I love cooking and baking, and when I grow up, I'd like to get paid doing what I love to do.  Hmm- I sound like one of those Le Cordon Blu school commercials.
6.  Almost every night I read to my kids.  I have great memories of my dad reading to my sibs and I when we were younger, and I want that for my boys.
7.  I'm outgoing for the most part.  I have my moments where I'll shrink into the woodwork, but -in most situations- I'm the zany one, talking up anyone who'll listen.

(drum roll please...)

And my nominees for the Versatile Blogger award are:
1.  Wyoming Girl *turned* Coastie Wife
2.  Our Banana Moments
3.  One Practical Woman
4.  Full of It
5.  Surviving Motherhood
6.  My Sweet Potato 3
7.  Just Another Mommy Blog
8.  Sacred and Profane
9.  Musings of Motherhood
10.  Mom in rome
11.  My Dishwasher's Possessed
12.  bUiLdInG a NeW hIvE!
13.  Vinobaby's Voice
14.  Skinny Bean
15.  Kirsten's Random Utterances

 (Leaving a link to me would be cool, btw.)

I hope you'll all check these awesome bloggers out and find them as enjoyable as I do. 

So, get to it- read on!  And, thanks again, Tracey!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've really been enjoying your blog. I right with you on the coffee thing, I'm a major addict, thankfully so is my husband, it's a bit of a hobby for us! Thank you so much for the shout out, so nice of you to think of mw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! I am horrendous at remembering awards or following rules, but I'll try my hardest, I swear. I love lists, so I will check out some of the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    You sound more like supermom than "sorta" supermom to me. I have just found you and think we have a lot in common (I only have 2 boys) and I drink my coffee so weak that they normally refer to it as "Why Bother"

    I look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm awful about awards too--but feel so honored I made the top of your list. And I *love* reading to my kiddos each night too, a favorite memory of mine growing up as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall have to "ditto" Nicole and Tracey. I am absolutely horrible at following the rules, but THANKS so much for nominating me. I completly understand #4. We've managed a few amazing trips, but I want them every 6 months, not every 10 years. There's a whole world waiting for me to explore. I just need to win the lottery so I can have the chance to check it out.

    Cheers!
    VB

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as my coffee, so leave me some love letting me know that you stopped by- I'll be sure to visit you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...