Monday, May 9, 2011

Lists, lists, and...cookies???

Why is it we always have the most amount of stuff to do on the days when we have the least amount of time?

I keep wondering this today as I get ready to add yet another item to my 'to do' list; meanwhile, I'm still knee deep in items I've yet to cross off.

I'll admit, a lot of it is of my own doing. I always joke around that cleaning up after my kiddos is a lot like trying to nail Jell-o to a tree- pointless and impossible- but every day, I find myself stressing out over the laundry, the dishes, the crumbs that seem to multiply before my eyes on the counter...

And I'm not positive, but I BELIEVE that the toys have all called in reinforcements.

It just seems like its a never-ending job.

Oh.

Yeah.

It is.

When I add in all the other things- the eye/doctor appointments to schedule, the play dates that keep me and Jacob sane, the cooking (no matter how much I love cooking, its still one more thing)- looking at my list is a lot like standing at the bottom of the Empire State building and trying to see the top.

And yet...

And yet I keep adding to it. Today I chose to make cookies in addition to my list of “musts”. Why? Well, I thought that if I was going to die from stress, cookies might be a nice accompaniment. Because, if Mary Poppins has taught me nothing its that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down- as well as the stress.

Not to mention, they taste good.

Warm, tasty, chewy stress relievers.

Thank you, Mary, for your flash of brilliance. Sugar- especially in cookie form- really DOES help you deal with the less sweet parts of life.

8 comments:

  1. hey girl thanks for the visit, Im your newest follower :) www.buildinganewhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it like us...to purposely make motherhood more difficult than it has to be. Oh well, I guess we love a good challenge. Thanks for stopping by CoolBeanMommas.com! Will continue to follow you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would mind having a warm, tasty chew stress reliever right about now! :) Sounds great!

    I find myself doing the samething sometimes... adding and adding to my list... I think thats planted in the DNA of all moms! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cookies are always the best!!!
    Totally agree!

    I would actually put them at the list's first place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bake almost weekly! My grandmother expects me to deliver a batch to her house a couple of times a month...she's a tad bit spoiled :-) But I love it.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love your bean background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I love your post's. I grabbed your button. It is now on my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! You are singing my song! I do the same thing and continue to chase my tail, I think I must like chasing it! Great to find your blog, so far I'm very happy with VB because such great ladies, such as yourself are on it. Thanks for checking me out, I'm now a very happy follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep singing mama, because I can totally relate. It seems that as mamas we tend to make our job more difficult and being a perfectionist I take that to the extrememe!

    Thanks for the visit at http://princessposhh.blogspot.com

    I hope you continue to visit

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as my coffee, so leave me some love letting me know that you stopped by- I'll be sure to visit you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...