Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday Blog Hop #1

Photobucket

With 45 minutes left in the day, here is my 'Thankful Thursday' post.

I find that people spend far too much time complaining about what they don't have and far too little time contemplating what they do- which is sad, since most people aren't satisfied when they finally get hold of what they've been craving.

I guess its appropriate, then, that we only celebrate Thanksgiving once a year. The other 364 days are ones we set aside for working and praying for the things we want to be thankful FOR on that one Thursday in November.

But what would happen if we all decided to give thanks EVERY day? After all, even if you have nothing more than your life and the clothes on your back, those are 2 more things than some people in other parts of the world have, and isn't THAT something to be thankful for?

So, its not a huge step, but I thought that I would dedicate Thursdays to being thankful. On a site I'm a part of- The Motherhood- they do a daily '3 things I'm thankful for', so while I know what I'm doing isn't much, its a start; and maybe- just maybe- if everyone else took the time to focus on their 'haves' instead of their 'have nots' once a week, this world might start to change.

Like Ozzy Osborne said in one of his songs, "I'm just a dreamer", but every great thing in life started off as someone's dream, right?

So, what am I thankful for today?

I'm thankful for my boys. Ever since becoming a mom, I appreciate peace and quiet so much more. The person who wrote the song 'Silence is Golden'? A mom, I'd bet. My boys have opened my eyes to the finer things in life: a clean bowl for cereal, a full jug of milk, a toilet seat without pee on it, a living room floor you can see...

...my boys make me so much more grateful for these things.

And while this post might come off as condescending and sarcastic, its really anything but. Even if the rest of my days were filled with dirty bowls and living rooms filled with toys, I'd take that over stuffy old silence any day.

I mean, really- I never said I was thankful for SANITY.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I'm also thankful for my children! No matter what the outcome of my mental health is...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as my coffee, so leave me some love letting me know that you stopped by- I'll be sure to visit you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...