Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh, so tired...

(This was SUPPOSED to be published YESTERDAY, so sorry for the delay.)


"Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

Its days like today that reading something like that really speaks to me.

If you've ever traveled Stay At Home Rd., you know how exhausting it can be.  I remember working at one of those jobs where you put on grown up people clothes and you get in a car to go there; and when you got there, you'd speak to other adults!  Sure, some of those adults had less commonsense than my 7 month old, but they had considerably larger vocabularies, so that almost made up for their VAST stupidity.  The fact was, I had conversations with them that allowed me to flex my grey matter and practice synonyms- like dimwit, stupid, blockhead, bonehead... you get the picture.

And just as I was about to bang my head against a wall until everything was fuzzy and less complicated, it was time to go home.  I'd clock out, get in my car, and head to the place where there was peace... to a degree.

And, when I got tired of home, well, you see how this goes.

Working away from home gave me a change of scenery and a change of frustrations.  No matter how hard I had it one place, I was able to escape shortly.

The fact is, when you're a stay at home mom, you LIVE with your most annoying, clingy, bossy, horrible customers.  There's no escaping...

(Well, there is, but we'll get back to that in another entry I think I'll title: "Running toward paradise".)

But, when you're a responsible parent, there isn't any other option but to stay and take it.

Today, I dealt with an 11 year old child that doesn't QUITE get the fact his birthday is only supposed to be ONE day.

Not 2.

Not a week. 

In fact, if he would have REALLY analyzed the situation, he would have grasped the fact that he was only having a birthday because of ME, therefore, I'M the one who should have been celebrated.

But, no.  My sweet, little, ungrateful, entitled newly 11 year old son thought that not only could HE fight with me, but that he would bring in his brother and 2 of his friends to back him up in certain conversations.

Did I mention, I had just baked my gorgeous, highly selfish son cupcakes for his birthday?

How dare I, though, suggest that we should do anything but what HE wanted to do.

Ok, so there was my rant. 

After all that, though, I still had a ton of other items on my mile long to do list.  To be perfectly honest, I was near my breaking point.

How did I get myself into this mess?  WHY did I get myself into this mess?  I'm just SO TIRED...

Come to me... I will give you rest.

Its funny how sometimes I'll be in a particular situation and something will jump out at me or creep into mind to remind me that I have another person that knows what exactly I'm dealing with.  And, no, I'm not talking about my husband.  He's probably going to be the co-writer on that other entry I'm thinking about writing.

Its nice to know that when I'm ready to give up, there's Someone who's willing to take it from me.  When I'm ready to collapse, there are arms outstretched that I can collapse into that won't let me go.

Arms that will give me rest.

***If you liked my post, then PLEASE post my button!***
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. At least there's always one place I can escape to when the weight of motherhood bares down on me...in the kitchen behind the table inside the pantry, with a bag of chocolate pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have an 11 year old. I often laugh at the people who tell me I don't know how hard it is to be a working mom. If they think I am not WORKING when I do all the laundry, clean the house, cook dinner and do homework until I want to cry and run away, I am not really sure what I AM doing. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending virtual cupcakes to you and a little rest in between! :) Thanks for stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL you make me glad I work outside...LOL! Really I would love to be a SAHM. Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every person who says that SAHM have it easy because they don't really work should read this! Somedays you just crave intelligent conversation and miss even your worst jobs. I feel your pain. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the encouragement. My babies are still very young, so can't completely understand what you are talking about. However, I do have a husband and I'm sure mine is not the only exhausting (no matter how wonderful he may be, he can still be exhausting) one. BTW, thanks for following The Mum Life.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as my coffee, so leave me some love letting me know that you stopped by- I'll be sure to visit you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...