I have a LOT to be thankful for, so I decided to start just making a list of 10 things every Thursday. That way, on days like today that make me want to scream and shout- and NOT in a good way- I can force myself to calm down and relax and think of at least 10 reasons why I'm actually NOT cursed by God to live in a miserable existence.
I'm kidding! I don't think that.
So, here are the rules- well, not RULES, persay. They're more like GUIDELINES:
1. Don't follow me unless you really want to. I don't want this to be purely about getting new followers- I'd really like to see people flooding the internet with "Thankful" posts. If you'd like me to follow YOU, though, let me know.
2. I'd love it if you posted the button. It would give me warm fuzzies.
3. You can link up blogs, facebook and twitter accounts - just be sure to specify what each link is.
4. Hop around and find blogs that you enjoy. Be sure to tell them you are following them from Thankful Thursdays Blog Hop so they can follow you back!
And #5 and most importantly, HAVE FUN.
And now, once again, here it goes- my list of 10.
1. I'm thankful for an 11 year old that -I was told by his teachers last night- isn't working up to his potential. At least they KNOW he's not working up to his potential and they aren't accepting that he's a dolt that enjoys doing the bare minimum to get by. That means there's hope, right? I mean, at least he hasn't hit the maximum amount of intelligence that God allowed him.
2. I'm thankful that Nicholas is screaming. It means he has lungs, and I've read that those are important. I'd say that I heard that was important, but I can't really hear anything other than blaring screams.
3. I'm thankful for an inquisitive 5 year old that wondered what would happen if he threw his tacos on the ground- would they bounce or would they stick? You HAVE to be thankful for a child who loves science.
4. I'm thankful for clean carpets. The fact that those clean carpets are in dirty rooms make the rooms, well, ok, I'm just thankful I don't have to clean carpets along with everything else.
5. I'm thankful I don't have a second car and I have to walk to pick up Jacob from kindergarten- it gives me time to myself and I can listen to music that doesn't make me want to scratch my ears off.
6. I'm thankful I didn't die of heat stroke picking up Jacob from kindergarten today.
7. Have mentioned yet how thankful I am for coffee? Yeah- because I am.
8. I'm thankful that my basil plant has survived as long as it has. If you've read anything about me, you know that I PROBABLY shouldn't be given the permission to care for anything living... well, plants at least. My thumb is black and my plants USUALLY attempt herbicide long before now. Maybe this is a turning point?
9. I'm thankful I have a sense of humor.
10. I'm thankful my husband is thankful for ME, because that means that he hasn't run away and THAT means, in a few hours, I'll have a partner... so I can escape and go to Alli's.